This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve check against integer wraparound in hcreate_r [BZ #18240]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:29:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve check against integer wraparound in hcreate_r [BZ #18240]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A210C4 dot 80609 at redhat dot com> <56A42D78 dot 1030506 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <877fixs9or dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <56A6B883 dot 2070801 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <56A8F5C0 dot 2070307 at redhat dot com> <56AF8B5A dot 3050304 at arm dot com> <877fioxp5d dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
On 02/01/2016 07:26 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Szabolcs Nagy <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> (i did not notice earlier as in my normal test
>> environment memory overcommit is off so the
>> test case just fails with ENOMEM, i'm not sure
>> how to handle such tests where huge memory is
> Perhaps the test should set a VM limit so that the allocation fails even
> if you have huge amount of available memory. Performing the allocation
> isn't the main point of the test.
Yes, this seems like a reasonable improvement.
I didn't see this because I apparently do not have sufficient amounts of
memory in my test machine.