This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] tst-malloc-thread-exit: run less aggressively
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:10:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tst-malloc-thread-exit: run less aggressively
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=cmetcalf at ezchip dot com;
- References: <1453233538-24029-1-git-send-email-cmetcalf at ezchip dot com> <569E96DC dot 4090409 at redhat dot com> <56A26836 dot 5020509 at redhat dot com> <56A27C36 dot 6030608 at redhat dot com> <56A2EC80 dot 709 at ezchip dot com> <56A6018B dot 3070307 at redhat dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 01/25/2016 06:05 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 01/23/2016 03:59 AM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
On 1/22/2016 2:00 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 01/22/2016 06:34 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
I haven't finished the mallopt approach. It seems that my mental model
how the test works is wrong. Two threads with eight arenas appear to
trigger the issue reliably, but I want to test on a larger machine as
well, to make sure the test is any good there. The problem there is
that I wasn't
… able to find sufficiently large box. That has now changed, and I can
confirm that the bug still reproduces with the changed test.
Chris, can you confirm that the tweaked test addresses your problem?
Then I'll send a real patch for review.
Yes, with your patch the test passes, in just over 5 seconds of runtime.
Did you try this patch with the fix backed out? Does it still fail?
I reverted your change to malloc/arena.c and the test failed with an abort.
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor