Re: RFC: deprecate sys/sysmacros.h inclusion from sys/types.h

On 01/11/2016 01:02 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like this to go into 2.24.
>>
>> The reason I say this is that we're very close to a Fedora release and
>> I would like time to put the deprecation code into Rawhide to get the
>> developers to cleanup their code there.
>
> I'm happy to have this go in on whatever schedule is most convenient
> for the community at large.  Perhaps we should check whether your
> proposed schedule is also good for other distributions?
>
> (also, still waiting for any feedback at all on the content of the changes ;-)

I'm buying myself time to review :}

The other distributions are listed on MAINTAINERS and their respective
glibc developers should follow this list, even orthogonally, and if we
make this change it will go into the release-specific wiki page documenting
distribution changes (like we did for DEFAULT_SOURCE and your other change).
So they should have visibility just before the release.

Cheers,
Carlos.