Re: Building consensus over DNSSEC enhancements to glibc.

On 11/11/2015 07:49 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> 4.
> - TLS: Failing open in this analogy means that on systems where the list of
> trusted CAs is not present the validation will always pass.
> - DNSSEC: In our case the application sees AD bit set by attacker, which is
> roughly equivalent to an attacker sending arbitrary cert which gets accepted.

That's a system configuration error.

If we are going to use DNSSEC by default by must ship an /etc/resolv.conf
with `options dns-strip-dnssec-ad-bit` and thus after the upgrade of glibc
no application will ever see the AD-bit until the local validating resolver
is installed.

c.