Re: How to test a patch in resolv/?

> Another way would be to write a custom resolver that sends crafted
> (in cc now) plans to write such installed-tree tests in future.

Yes, I have used Perl's Net::DNS::Nameserver [1] to write regression tests
for getaddrinfo and friends in the past.

Unfortunately, the upstream testsuite doesn't allow for including tests
like these. We should do something about that too.

Cheers,
Arjun

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-DNS/lib/Net/DNS/Nameserver.pm