Re: Clean up state on patchwork

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Isn't it simply easier to add a "Resubmit" state, mark it as "not needing action"
> (so it doesn't show up on the normal lists) and go from there?

It would be wrong to put a patch in such a state without explicitly
informing the person concerned that it's been put in such a state (and
wrong to do so at all for infrequent contributors, where we should be
helping them along rather than adding hoops for them to jump).  I'm not
actually convinced there should be such a state at all; if on review you
think the patch is no longer applicable to current sources that's Changes
Requested, if it applies but you want retesting you can say e.g. "OK if it
still applies cleanly and tests OK" (that's Accepted, moving to Changes
Requested if it doesn't still work).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com