This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #18508] S390: Fix "backtrace() returns infinitely deep stack frames with makecontext()".
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 10:45:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #18508] S390: Fix "backtrace() returns infinitely deep stack frames with makecontext()".
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ml71gu$et2$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <557AA306 dot 4090208 at redhat dot com> <mleq97$5v2$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <87eglhvsst dot fsf at igel dot home> <mlm3f3$bbu$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <559651D0 dot 1030704 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqs_DPaN=h_dnskMEyvSkG6PrVhr2vXJp7+_sejKenXBg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOr+tMWUN8ruaLoA9wT_bEcgJx4dfzjXSEVqSwRh-LK7ng at mail dot gmail dot com> <559C224F dot 2090600 at redhat dot com> <mnj3c8$npj$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <559D372C dot 9070105 at redhat dot com>
On 07/08/2015 10:43 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 07/08/2015 08:00 AM, Stefan Liebler wrote:
>> On 07/07/2015 09:02 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> On 07/07/2015 01:47 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>> I opened:
>>> Please fix this promptly as glibc 2.22 will be released
>>> shortly and the test results should be clean. If we can't
>>> fix it promptly, then we should revert the test changes.
>> the testcase seems to be okay, but there is a bug in i686 backtrace handling if the context was set via makecontext.
>> If we revert the test changes, the test case will pass, but the bug is only hidden.
> If that's the case then please file a bug on sourceware for
> this particular failure, mark the test as XFAIL for i686 and
> use a comment to reference the bug when you mark it XFAIL.
Bug 18635 was already filed by H.J, so use that.