Re: Incomplete patch to fix build with top-of-tree GCC

On 05/15/2015 09:47 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
The first question is:*is*  it OK to ignore the warnings?
I looked just at the first hunk of the patch, and it appears to me that it's not OK to ignore its warnings. The type punning in the first hunk appears to violate the C standard; although I don't know whether GCC is generating "incorrect" code as a result, instead of silencing the warning how about fixing the code so that it doesn't have those funky casts? Something like the attached (untested) patch, say.