This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PR dynamic-link/17711: copy relocations against protected symbols don't work
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:35:19 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR dynamic-link/17711: copy relocations against protected symbols don't work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150227212418 dot GA5072 at intel dot com>
> Protocted symbol in shared library can only be accessed from PIE
> or shared library. Linker in binutils 2.26 enforces it. We must
> compile vismain with -fPIE and link it with -pie. OK for master?
Add some comments (in vismain.c is probably fine) explaining that it must
be a PIE and why.
> PR dynamic-link/17711
> * elf/Makefile (tests): Add vismain only if PIE is enabled.
> (tests-pie): Add vismain.
> (CFLAGS-vismain.c): New.