This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Missing security fix in elf/dl-open.c?
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:21:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Missing security fix in elf/dl-open.c?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54ECB0B4 dot 1030602 at redhat dot com> <54EFFBA6 dot 4070108 at redhat dot com> <54F036B7 dot 2010606 at redhat dot com> <54F09EB0 dot 5000203 at redhat dot com>
On 02/27/2015 05:43 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> However, something else already does this in Fedora 20
>> (glibc-2.20-7.fc21.x86_64, which lacks this patch as well AFAICT). I
>> created a SUID binary with an $ORIGIN RPATH, and it is ignored, but only
>> when actually running SUID.
> Likely the `glibc-fedora-elf-ORIGIN.patch` patch in Fedora.
Oooh! Does it mean we should upstream this patch instead?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security