This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
question about scandir's marking
- From: Ma Shimiao <mashimiao dot fnst at cn dot fujitsu dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:41:45 +0800
- Subject: question about scandir's marking
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm researching the thread safety of function scandir.
>From code, I find scandir calls function select() and cmp() from parameters.
I think if select() and cmp() passed by user is unsafe, function scandir will
not be used safely in multi-thread.
So, I think the marking of scandir is not suitable.
I hope the marking could express this condition.
But I can't find which marking in manual is suitable for this condition.
Do you think it's necessary to add new marking for this condition.
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)