This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Silence resolver logging for DNAME records when DNSSEC is enabled
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:33:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Silence resolver logging for DNAME records when DNSSEC is enabled
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150219190506 dot GA20188 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <54E6EC01 dot 1060906 at redhat dot com> <20150220101303 dot GQ1594 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 02/20/2015 05:13 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Thanks for the context. I wasn't sure about removing the logging
> altogether, but if it is going to be such a pain for DNSSEC, we might
> as well silence it. How is this then?
> [BZ #14841]
> * resolv/gethnamaddr.c (getanswer): Skip logging if
> RES_USE_DNSSEC is set.
> * resolv/nss_dns/dns-host.c (getanswer_r): Likewise.
Looks good to me, and simplifies the code.
I guess given the churn we're going to have to wait a while before
this standardizes to be able to provide useful logging.