This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [v2] malloc: Consistently apply trim_threshold to all heaps
- From: Mel Gorman <mgorman at suse dot de>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Rik van Riel <riel at redhat dot com>, KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki dot motohiro at gmail dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Minchan Kim <minchan dot kim at gmail dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 10:20:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [v2] malloc: Consistently apply trim_threshold to all heaps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150209140608 dot GD2395 at suse dot de> <54D91E06 dot 7060603 at redhat dot com> <20150209224947 dot GA21275 at suse dot de> <54DA25D0 dot 3050501 at redhat dot com> <20150210165414 dot GF2395 at suse dot de> <54DA5599 dot 2070804 at redhat dot com> <20150210202703 dot GC21275 at suse dot de> <20150218052803 dot GG1594 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150218054948 dot GI1594 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:19:49AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:58:03AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > This should not be in a diff since it won't always apply to the
> > current tree cleanly. Please file a bug for this (since it is an
> > unintended inconsistency) and I'll push it for you.
> And I just noticed that you posted a v3 with a quoted bug report. The
> only additional nit there is that the ChangeLog entry should mention
> the BZ #. I'll push this.
Thanks for pointing out the hazards with the patch. The Changelog was
included in the diff because it was done manually because I though that
was required. I don't think it needs another bug to fix up as it is a
misunderstanding on my part. There will be a v4 shortly that hopefully
confirms to the patch rules.