This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix posix_spawn getrlimit64 namespace (bug 17991)
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:26:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix posix_spawn getrlimit64 namespace (bug 17991)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502171743370 dot 19294 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150217214643 dot GK23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502172223411 dot 26150 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:25:05PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Rich Felker wrote:
> > Wouldn't it make more sense to use sysconf() to get the limit?
> I don't know if there's some reason for that to be abstractly preferable,
Abstractly sysconf seems like the preferred way to get
runtime-variable limits, and it's specified to track changes to the
open files rlimit.
> but in the context of this sort of bug fix it's desirable to avoid
> changing the disassembly of installed shared libraries, to make clear the
> patch is safe at least for the tested configuration, if possible.