This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix posix_spawn getrlimit64 namespace (bug 17991)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:25:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix posix_spawn getrlimit64 namespace (bug 17991)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502171743370 dot 19294 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150217214643 dot GK23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Rich Felker wrote:
> Wouldn't it make more sense to use sysconf() to get the limit?
I don't know if there's some reason for that to be abstractly preferable,
but in the context of this sort of bug fix it's desirable to avoid
changing the disassembly of installed shared libraries, to make clear the
patch is safe at least for the tested configuration, if possible.
Joseph S. Myers