This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should glibc provide a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:54:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: Should glibc provide a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB8243 dot 3050903 at redhat dot com> <54DBFA8D dot 8030107 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20150217112942 dot GJ544 at vapier>
Mike Frysinger wrote:
i also vaguely recall OS X supports something like this ? should
we proactively attempt to harmonize here ?
In OS X, the C locale uses UTF-8 but things are seriously confused:
nl_langinfo(CODESET) returns "US-ASCII" and MB_CUR_MAX is 1, among other things.
Perhaps an OS X expert can chime in, as I don't really understand what it's
trying to do in this area.