This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:36:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobNomWyxd9Oz3=kHq0vyBpmfxSyj_cFBxyahCJSs1cZBzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E236D9 dot 3010807 at redhat dot com> <CALoOobPVr0PAkzDtQbXXGP7Vyu-Ls+V-1JGXpi8yBbyryqYf5g at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E23F28 dot 6040304 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502162204510 dot 10686 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <54E355B3 dot 4040705 at redhat dot com> <mvmy4nw5zfy dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 02/17/2015 10:29 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I agree, but that doesn't have to impact how you post the patches, only
>> how you commit them. Paul can ask for both to be committed as one commit,
>> but split them for review.
> It doesn't make sense to squash the commits again if they are already
> suitably split.
I agree, but only if they are *suitably* split. That is to say they have to
fix the bug before making the change, and that may or may not be easy,
I don't know.