This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17588 13064] Update UTF-8 charmap and width to Unicode 7.0.0
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Daiki Ueno <ueno at gnu dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Mike FABIAN <mfabian at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:35:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17588 13064] Update UTF-8 charmap and width to Unicode 7.0.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <573624784 dot 8871393 dot 1416848051220 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com> <orzjb3o7yf dot fsf at free dot home> <s9dy4qir6fu dot fsf at ari dot site> <orfvce7y90 dot fsf at free dot home> <s9d388duu5r dot fsf at ari dot site> <orioh35mbq dot fsf at free dot home> <20141223111038 dot GA5172 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <119234933 dot 5523688 dot 1422972847328 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com> <or7fvnlbeo dot fsf at livre dot home> <orwq3njuvc dot fsf at livre dot home> <mvmr3tv8las dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <m3twym9yt2 dot fsf-ueno at gnu dot org> <54E232E0 dot 60705 at redhat dot com> <87k2zh8suc dot fsf-ueno at gnu dot org> <54E35646 dot 3060401 at redhat dot com> <mvm38647e4g dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 02/17/2015 10:26 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <email@example.com> writes:
>> On 02/16/2015 04:11 PM, Daiki Ueno wrote:
>>> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>>>> Could I ask you to file a bug for this *after* the new changes are accepted?
>>>> That way the bug can be used to track this enhancement.
>>> Well, that's not just an enhancement, but would significantly reduce the
>>> size of the patch, around 22344 lines (= the number of Hangul syllable
>>> characters * 2) of 61024 lines. That's why I asked that before merging.
>> That's still an enhancement. I think it's a good enhancement, but it's still
>> an enhancement over the existing scripts.
> I don't consider it an enhancement to reformat the file twice.
I do. If you object. Please state that you object and would like to see
the suggested changes get made before we accept the patches.
Mike has actually already completed the suggested changes, but his emails
are being rejected by sourceware.org so his responses have not made it to
the list (sourceware.org rejected it because of the Japanese sig being
interpreted as GARBLED_BODY).