This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: lazy loading for glibc?
- From: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>
- To: Paul Wise <pabs3 at bonedaddy dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:33:00 +0300
- Subject: Re: lazy loading for glibc?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424062460 dot 6609 dot 22 dot camel at bonedaddy dot net>
On 16.02.2015 07:54, Paul Wise wrote:
Does glibc have the ability to do lazy loading like Solaris libc?
Has anyone worked on this before?
The essential components appear to be:
ld -z lazyload
This would allow shared libraries to become optional, which would be
useful for various reasons.
AFAIK, currently glibc does not support lazy loading like Solaris libc.
Lazy loading in glibc has been investigated some time ago.
Maybe the following threads will help you: