This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:20:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobNomWyxd9Oz3=kHq0vyBpmfxSyj_cFBxyahCJSs1cZBzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502161810460 dot 17790 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Were those bugs user-visible in releases (memory leaks should be
> considered user-visible)?
The straight-forward application of s/ALLOC_BUF/calloc/ and
s/FREE_BUF/free/ resulted in 3 existing tests failing mtrace.
I believe they all missed __libc_freeres cleanups, so not really a
user-visible leak in traditional sense.
> I think you mean 16734 not 16374.
Yes, I did. Sorry about that.