This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:13:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix BZ#16374 -- don't use mmap for FILE buffers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobNomWyxd9Oz3=kHq0vyBpmfxSyj_cFBxyahCJSs1cZBzQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> Attached patch replaces mmap()s with calloc()s. Doing this revealed a
> few cleanup bugs: wide stream and input-only buffers were not cleaned
> up under some conditions.
Were those bugs user-visible in releases (memory leaks should be
considered user-visible)? If so, there should be a separate bug filed in
Bugzilla for them. And it is possible to test for those bugs in the
testsuite (if memory leaks, maybe with an mtrace test - we have plenty of
> 2015-02-16 Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [BZ #16374]
> * NEWS: mention 16374
I think you mean 16734 not 16374.
Joseph S. Myers