This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/1 V2] manual/time.texi: correct the zoneinfo path
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: J William Piggott <elseifthen at gmx dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 15:16:07 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1 V2] manual/time.texi: correct the zoneinfo path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54B989EA dot 3080307 at gmx dot com> <54CED496 dot 7090905 at gmx dot com> <54DD6E60 dot 1090101 at redhat dot com> <54DE70D9 dot 40203 at gmx dot com> <54DE82D8 dot 4020601 at redhat dot com>
> To be honest, as a patch. I'm going to change the contribution checklist.
A consensus of one?
> As a patch it allows me to use patchwork to pull down the patch, git am,
> and then let my merge driver fix it up or fixup manually.
The main reason it has always been policy not to include ChangeLog diffs in
a patch is that the context (i.e. top few lines of the file) always changes
and so the patch fails to apply. If it does happen to apply because of
successful context matching, that puts the new log entry someplace other
than at the top of the line, which is not allowed.