This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Updates for Linux 3.19?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:31:32 +0000
- Subject: Updates for Linux 3.19?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Do we need any glibc updates for Linux 3.19? E.g. there are some
MPX-related siginfo changes.
(Wrappers for new syscalls have been waiting for some time for someone to
take the lead in obtaining consensus for when such wrappers are
appropriate to add to glibc, and ideally then working out what existing
syscalls should have such wrappers, whether as OS-independent glibc APIs
or Linux-only, and adding such wrappers where appropriate. Personally, I
think execveat is a case where it would be appropriate to include the API
as part of the OS-independent glibc API.)
Joseph S. Myers