This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Possible issue with hurd: Fix abi-tag, following ba90e05
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 01:18:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: Possible issue with hurd: Fix abi-tag, following ba90e05
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D8F6F6 dot 9010309 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 02/09/2015 01:05 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> Since ae20c9a17cd95b6f367209c2a9075587616ceb42 my powerpc builds can not load
> older binaries using the new loader, although the make check itself does not
> shows regressions. The main difference is now:
We caught this in fedora because we run old binaries with the new glibc as
part of a sanity check before the build is complete.
This underscores how terrible glibc testing really is with respect to
ABI testing of old binaries with new releases.
I think 2.22 is going to be the release of "make testing better". Please
consider investing in the testing infrastructure :-)
I'm going to look at containers to do nscd testing with, but we also need
some more complicated installed-tree testing with previous versions of
the testsuite already built.