This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should glibc provide a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:03:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: Should glibc provide a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB8243 dot 3050903 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Is anyone opposed to having glibc contain a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?
What's the advantage of this being built-in, rather than simply shipped
with glibc for compiling with localedef (and listed in
localedata/SUPPORTED) like all the other locales?
Joseph S. Myers