This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix problem with GCC 4.9.1 in string/tester.c
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Leonhard Holz <leonhard dot holz at web dot de>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 23:34:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix problem with GCC 4.9.1 in string/tester.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D725BC dot 8050604 at web dot de> <54D91895 dot 6090908 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Do you think the correct fix is to test for the warning at configure time,
> set HAVE_WARN_MEMSET_TRANSPOSED_ARGS in config.h, and then use that to
> conditionalize the DIAG_* statements?
> I don't see any other way to have this work.
You could disable -Wpragmas, but I don't think that would be a good idea.
Joseph S. Myers