Re: [RFC][BZ #17943] Use long for int_fast8_t

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:

> > [1] "Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Reference Manual",
> >     Intel Corporation, Order Number: 248966-020, November 2009, Table 12-2
> >     "Intel Atom Microarchitecture Instructions Latency Data", p. 12-21
>
> This manual is very old and Intel Atom Microarchitecture has been
> replaced by Silvermont Microarchitecture.

 Maybe, I picked whatever I had handy.  That doesn't change the fact this
silicon is out there.  There's older yet x86 silicon in the field where
the divider has a similar characteristic.

 As I say for a generic header you need to weigh the balance -- except
that the ABI has been set, so there's little if anything we can do, apart
from new architecture additions that can get their overrides right from
the beginning.

  Maciej