This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: static_assert in c89 and c99
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, Lars Gullik BjÃnnes <larsbj at gullik dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 14:53:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: static_assert in c89 and c99
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wq3x27di dot fsf at black dot gullik dot net> <20150204143535 dot GV23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <87siek1xxw dot fsf at black dot gullik dot net> <20150205214241 dot GO23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <54D40347 dot 3020508 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20150206183001 dot 18DB32C3AB9 at topped-with-meat dot com>
Roland McGrath wrote:
That looks OK to me.
Thanks, I installed that into the master.
Actually, I installed something slightly more conservative, in that it does not
define _Static_assert if C++. This suffices to fix the problem, and should
interoperate better with Gnulib's longstanding _Static_assert code for C++.