This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH 2/3] Clean up NPTL longjmp to be compat-only.
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 11:47:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH 2/3] Clean up NPTL longjmp to be compat-only.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150206201843 dot AD5922C3A9B at topped-with-meat dot com> <20150206201926 dot EB1F52C3A9B at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 12:19:26PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I don't know if there was a historical reason for libpthread to have a
> longjmp wrapper,
There seems to have been at least one arch (I forget which) where the
pthread longjmp historically did stack unwinding to execute
cancellation cleanup handlers that were jumped over.