This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH 1/3] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 11:46:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH 1/3] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150206201843 dot AD5922C3A9B at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 12:18:43PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I don't know if there was a historical reason for libpthread to have a
> fork wrapper,
The historical reason was presumably that with libpthread, fork needs
to call pthread_atfork handlers, while the fork in libc (assuming libc
doesn't have pthread_atfork) could be a simple syscall wrapper.