This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED] hppa: Remove warnings and fix conformance errors.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 15:35:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] hppa: Remove warnings and fix conformance errors.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D42481 dot 6080700 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1502060223260 dot 3494 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <54D42A00 dot 6070708 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 5 Feb 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/pthread.h: Include pthread.h.
> > No, this is an installed header - you can't do that. Yes, the duplication
> > should be avoided, but that means making the main pthread.h include a
> > bits/ header of which hppa has a special version.
> Thanks. I had not noticed this during testing. I'm going to revert the
Normal testing doesn't cover issues of the form "installed header doesn't
work when installed" (whether using include_next, or including a new bits/
header that didn't get added to the makefile list of headers to install,
or ...). This is one of the issues where it would help for most tests to
build with only the headers that get installed rather than with all the
header search paths in the glibc source tree used when building the
Joseph S. Myers