This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix for heap overflow in wscanf (BZ 16618)
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 10:29:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for heap overflow in wscanf (BZ 16618)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobPgvuBLTk4GzOchr792MHNi1yLgsO5Jqf8MPvY+bk544Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150202050906 dot GF23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CALoOobP5yEqB-oKUvPVJm0znonYJ_iM1q_uFBNT2sRojBguJ-A at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvmiofkiqaj dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <CALoOobPyDepfTFp=_y50iKHxAhKV8W+ZkUiV6e-2O=kgpT_08g at mail dot gmail dot com> <54CFCEB1 dot 8090301 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <CALoOobOqBGEp=Jv-sncnUzi6BVzypg9txr-Oh2OTQL7BFbuwSw at mail dot gmail dot com> <54D45696 dot 2020801 at redhat dot com> <54D4C560 dot 8040401 at redhat dot com> <54D4D395 dot 2010406 at redhat dot com> <CALoOobP5ARnjtfxiYWcDtQXCdcWADmnFENvS2JXrjnXuvHUnJQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/06/2015 10:19 AM, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 02/06/2015 08:45 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>> I think this fixes as CVE-2015-1473 as well,
Could you expand a bit on this comment? Did you test that it fixes the issue?
Did you review that it's actually the same bug?
I trust your review, but "Correct." is not sufficiently verbose for me and
I want to make sure we're all in agreement.