This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.21 is almost ready --- branch on Tuesday with trunk likely reopened Wednesday February 4th.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:15:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.21 is almost ready --- branch on Tuesday with trunk likely reopened Wednesday February 4th.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54CEE19C dot 5000405 at redhat dot com> <1422869042 dot 16670 dot 46 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <54CFA0C8 dot 2070108 at ezchip dot com>
On 02/02/2015 11:07 AM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> On 2/2/2015 4:24 AM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
>> On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 21:31 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> If all goes well I'll do a final round of test on Tuesday and
>>> cut the 2.21 branch Tuesday night EST, and reopen trunk.
>> I don't remember seeing the fix for semaphores on ILP32 tile with 64b
>> atomics going in yet (ie, the minimal approach that just doesn't
>> announce the 64b atomics, similar to what Joseph did for MIPS). Chris,
>> do you want to add such a fix for 2.21, or should one of us do that?
> I committed the fix to disable __HAVE_64B_ATOMICS for tilegx32
> when Carlos indicated that was his preferred direction (on Jan 28)
> so I think we're all set.
That was my understanding also. We'll clean it up in 2.22.