This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Initialize the entire obstack struct [BZ #17919]
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: bug-gnulib at gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 11:49:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Initialize the entire obstack struct [BZ #17919]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150203145649 dot GG1528 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <54D0F799 dot 2030204 at redhat dot com> <20150203163831 dot GL1528 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <mvmsienj637 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 02/03/2015 11:46 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Siddhesh Poyarekar <email@example.com> writes:
>> This is also why I started out filing a gcc bug, but then changed my
>> mind and fixed it in glibc instead, since I presumed that the compiler
>> can assume that the padding is also appropriately initialized.
> No, it can't. Padding must be assumed to be random.