This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Initialize the entire obstack struct [BZ #17919]
- From: Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 08:47:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Initialize the entire obstack struct [BZ #17919]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150203145649 dot GG1528 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <54D0F296 dot 1000708 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Paul Eggert <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Does this patch fix any actual bug? If so, what's the bug? Is there a
> faster way to fix it, other than zeroing out the entire struct obstack?
I believe that this addresses the MSAN used-uninitialized warning
I explored privately a few months ago. Assuming it's the same one,
initializing the entire struct obstack is not necessary.