This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sem_trywait changes broke sparc
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: carlos at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 22:50:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: sem_trywait changes broke sparc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54C71521 dot 1030500 at redhat dot com> <20150201 dot 232402 dot 1918075300826136380 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <1422869354 dot 16670 dot 48 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <20150202 dot 114709 dot 234247386262828840 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 11:47 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Torvald Riegel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 10:29:14 +0100
> > Thanks Dave. I scanned through the patches you committed and they
> > looked good to me.
> BTW, the original 32-bit sparc semaphore implementation did something
> similar, by using an in-semaphore spinlock to implement the
> They didn't use the spinlock array, just like my adaptation of your
> code does not.
Right. And that is required to make process-shared semaphore work
correctly because the spinlock array isn't shared.