This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.21 is almost ready --- branch on Tuesday with trunk likely reopened Wednesday February 4th.
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- To: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 11:07:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.21 is almost ready --- branch on Tuesday with trunk likely reopened Wednesday February 4th.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: suse.de; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- References: <54CEE19C dot 5000405 at redhat dot com> <1422869042 dot 16670 dot 46 dot camel at triegel dot csb>
On 2/2/2015 4:24 AM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 21:31 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
If all goes well I'll do a final round of test on Tuesday and
cut the 2.21 branch Tuesday night EST, and reopen trunk.
I don't remember seeing the fix for semaphores on ILP32 tile with 64b
atomics going in yet (ie, the minimal approach that just doesn't
announce the 64b atomics, similar to what Joseph did for MIPS). Chris,
do you want to add such a fix for 2.21, or should one of us do that?
I committed the fix to disable __HAVE_64B_ATOMICS for tilegx32
when Carlos indicated that was his preferred direction (on Jan 28)
so I think we're all set.
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor