This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sem_trywait changes broke sparc
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: carlos at redhat dot com
- Cc: triegel at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 23:24:02 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: sem_trywait changes broke sparc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1422274812 dot 29655 dot 72 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <20150126 dot 150816 dot 1733733325468616480 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <54C71521 dot 1030500 at redhat dot com>
From: "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:33:37 -0500
> On 01/26/2015 06:08 PM, David Miller wrote:
>> From: Torvald Riegel <email@example.com>
>> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:20:12 +0100
>>> Regarding your statement that this was committed late: This patch was
>>> first posted on Dec 5. While I didn't CC you explicitly (which I should
>>> have done I guess), I pointed out the sparc issue in the email:
>> During %90 of this time, the tree didn't even build for sparc. It
>> finally was usable for a brief day or two until this change was
>> installed. I didn't work on it, nor look into it, because it was
>> simply not possible to test or work on anything during this time.
>> And now I'm behind the eight ball again, because of changes installed
>> by other people. Something has to break this cycle in order for me to
>> be able to do useful work.
> That's my job (release manager for 2.21).
> I'm breaking the cycle by preventing more things going in.
> I'm also here to help and so is Torvald.
> Ask and we can help.
The sparc semaphore issue should be resolved now.