Re: RFC: Add tests for namespace for static linking

On 11/12/2014 06:32 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
Why isn't there a generic, linker-based fix which reuses the tagging we have
for the dynamic linking case?  Because we want to keep object file boundaries?

I don't see how you envisage such a fix would work.

Perhaps “ld -r --wrap” or “objcopy --redefine-sym”?

I assumed that this would be visible in the DSOs as well, but this does not seem to be the case. So I guess it's just a matter of choosing what's most convenient. If sprinkling the sources with “__” prefixes as required is considered acceptable, I shouldn't complain about it.