Re: [RFC] How to add vector math functions to Glibc

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/26/2014 12:08 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> I think this chioce may actually be larger than just Intel.
>>>
>>> For example IBM, and particularly their Power vector math
>>> functions were explained to me as being callable directly
>>> by developers. Thus Power might want libmvec.so in glibc?
>>
>> Does Power have the same API as x86?  If not, how will they
>> be used by programmers?
>
> Power does not have the same API.

They do have a similar API; at least the Cell does:
https://www-01.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/6BFB9899CEA5456800257360001938B3/$file/SIMD_Library_Specification_for_CBEA_1.2.pdf
(I Helped write this spec when I was at Sony).

Which looks like it is also at
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/compbg/v121v141/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xlcpp121.bg.doc%2Fproguide%2Fmass_simd.html
.

Thanks,