Re: For review: memusage(1) man page

Jan, are you willing to assign copyright for those documenation bits
to the FSF? I'll happily convert them into texinfo.

   I must say that this is an odd position to take. While it would be
   nice to have documentation in the glibc manual, the glibc
   developers did not bother to add anything to the manual when
   writing these interfaces, so it hardly seems like anyone else is
   obligated to do so (assuming that person wanted to even jump the
   CLA hurdle...).  In any case, man pages does (good) pages that
   describe the libc interfaces (including commands).

Someone sends a useful patch for glibc, but glibc is not documented
using man pages so the natural thing is to have it in a format that
can be accepted into glibc.

What is odd is to dismiss such a contribution and start making excuses
as to why one should not "bother" updating the offical, and canonical
documentation for glibc.  And accusing people because they "couldn't
be bothered" is quite an unfriendly attidue.  We all have things to
do, and only have so much time to try and do everything.