This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Upstreaming glibc for OpenRISC
- From: Christian Svensson <christian at cmd dot nu>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:14:38 +0100
- Subject: Upstreaming glibc for OpenRISC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I ported glibc to OpenRISC ~1.5 years back. Since then I've only made
minor changes, I thought I would get the ball rolling with you people
about upstreaming this.
Due to the nature of the CPU only being available on FPGAs and in
simulators I have not been able to run the test suite (too slow/too
little RAM to compile natively), which has been one of the things
putting me off from reaching out.
What I'm asking is: at what stage do you want to accept the code for inclusion?
I have started to compile ~5000 packages for Debian on OpenRISC using
the glibc code I have with good results, but I'm sure some bugs still
exist in my code.
Since the port is stand-alone from the other architectures maybe it's
merge-able at this point.