Re: Distributions still suffering from s390 ABI change problems.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 09:42:24AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Indeed, that implies a bootstrap almost like for a new architecture,
> except the manual bootstrap can be done more easily. That's why I talked
> about "huge work" in the other mail.

The question is if it is worth doing all this.  SONAME bumps or hacks
to the dynamic linker will still not fixed binaries that were built on
2.19 and expected that ABI to be present in libc.so.6.  Instead of
adding such convoluted hackery to support what is fundamentally a
breakage which should never have happened, we should just reverse that
breakage and introduce the hardware support in a different
non-ABI-breaking manner, maybe in 2.21.

Siddhesh