Stub sys/io.h?

Is there any reason we don't provide a stub sys/io.h
that returns -1 for all functions (if possible)?

I see that x86*, Alpha, 32-bit ARM, and IA64 provide
a sys/io.h that could be included in userspace.

Every architecture provides an asm/io.h that does
similar functions but for the kernel, so for some
machines it's a matter of nobody cared to port it
or the machine doesn't support doing that from userspace.

Cheers,
Carlos.