Re: is there a fuzzer for libc?

Thanks for the answer -- it confirms what I concluded from a quick web search.
There are however some libc functions that might be easier to fuzz
(e.g. gethostbyname),
so I thought that there could be at least something.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar
<siddhesh.poyarekar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 June 2014 01:31, Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org> wrote:
>> I actually saw a test report from some group that ran their fuzzer
>> against glibc (I don't have the link right off) but most of the output
>> was noise.
>
> Maybe this is what you're talking about?
>
> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0237/

PVS-Studio is a static analysis tool, i.e. a completely different
approach compared to dynamic (e.g. AddressSanitizer+fuzzing).

--kcc