Re: No GSoC 2014 student for glibc.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:28:45PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2014, Juan Manuel Torres Palma wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Despite the fact that it won't be part of GSoC, I'm still interested
> > in the ISO C11 threads project.
> >
> > To be honest I was more interested to join the glibc team and learn
> > from you guys, than the GSoC thing. I think my skills are the required
> > to accomplish this project and it's a good starting point to me to
> > start working with the glibc maintainers and get involved with the GNU
> > project.
> >
> > If the project is still available and ISO C11 threads are a desired
> > feature in subsequent versions of glibc, just let me know, cause I
> > would be glad to work on it.
>
> Yes, we'd still like ISO C11 threads support in glibc, so work on it is
> very welcome.

I would recommend to do necessary paperwork in advance, you need to fill
copyrigth assignment for nontrivial changes. There could be months delay
until FSF processes it so you should submit it as soon as possible, form
is here.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future