This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:14:45 -0500
- Subject: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The GNU Project is participating in GSoC 2014 and have asked
individual GNU projects to nominate their own GSoC projects
under their umbrella.
We have proposed an initial three projects for the GNU C Library
and you can see them here:
At present I'm a mentor for glibc and Joseph Myers is a backup
mentor. However we expect all participation to happen on libc-alpha
and libc-help and that the community will assist in teaching
the students how challenging/rewarding it is to work on system
If anyone has any more project ideas they think a student can
work on please suggest them here. Keep in mind that the idea
has to be simple enough for a student to implement in a very
We might not propose any more, but any ideas we come up with
I'll put into a GSoC project page and we can draw from there
next year instead of scrambling like I did today :-)