This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ABI stability for AArch64 hard-float BE?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:12:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: ABI stability for AArch64 hard-float BE?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52EFCE6C dot 1040602 at redhat dot com> <CAFqB+Py+-H73PgioW3BF5H4OCwghzywnQvOJXoBw0kyVkODD4w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/10/2014 06:11 AM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> My biggest concern with the BE linux toolchain as whole is that it is
> immature and has had limited use. That said, with the BE loader name
> now in place I am not aware of outstanding ABI issues and that it is
> reasonable to assume the LP64 BE glibc ABI for aarch64 is stable.
Excellent, and it's expected that with a new toolchain you'll find
problems, but I'm glad that overall you think it's ready for widespread