This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PING][RFC 3/*] Remove THREAD_STATS
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 01:11:13 +0100
- Subject: [PING][RFC 3/*] Remove THREAD_STATS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131211102701 dot GA25483 at domone dot podge> <20131211121905 dot GA26961 at domone dot podge> <CAAHN_R1D6ie-86_B78okEm7_2K1Lmco=JrUs_e04di=QLX2Qag at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 09:47:30PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 11 December 2013 17:49, OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Another macro in malloc is THREAD_STATS to print statistic about locking
> > which duplicates malloc probes.
> > As this looks undocumented could it be removed?
> > * malloc/arena.c (grow_heap, get_free_list, reused_arena,
> > arena_get2): Remove THREAD_STATS conditionals.
> > * malloc/malloc.c (__malloc_assert, __libc_realloc, _int_free,
> > __malloc_stats, int): Likewise.
> It can be defined during build to print statistics of lock contention,
> to demonstrate/verify the efficiency of the per-thread code. I agree
> that it could be removed, but I'd like the opinion of another
> maintainer on this.
Do somebody else agree/disagree that it could be removed?