This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add testcase for expl
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 16:22:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add testcase for expl
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ld0ad7$fms$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Stefan Liebler wrote:
> due to Bug 16447, the function __erfcl
> in sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128/s_erfl.c
> calls __ieee754_expl in sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128/e_expl.c.
> The value returned by expl is a normalized value, but FE_UNDERFLOW is set on
> S/390. Therefore the testcase shows the problem directly.
"Bug N" comments in auto-libm-test-in are present as justification for
xfail, missing-* or spurious-* annotations for tests (searching for "bug"
in the file shows exactly what's marked as expected to fail because of
known bugs). Thus, if adding the test on its own (and normally the test
would be added by the same patch fixing the bug, rather than before the
fix), there should be a spurious-underflow:ldbl-128 annotation.
Joseph S. Myers